Scandlines Deutschland GmbH and Scandlines Danmark ApS plans to award a design and build contract for a comprehensive battery unit (Electrical Energy Storage System [ESS]) for the propulsion of its RoPax vessels "M/S Deutschland" and "M/S Schleswig-Holstein", and optionally, at Scandlines discretion, also for “M/S Prinsesse Benedikte and M/S Prins Richard” operating between Puttgarden (Germany) and Rødby (Denmark). The “Project” is referred to as “ZE80”.
The battery system must be delivered and installed on the vessels according to the preliminary yard plan:
- M/V Deutschland: Q4-2024 (4 weeks) (Implementing Zero Emission)
- M/F Schleswig-Holstein: Q1-2025 (4 weeks) (Implementing Zero Emission)
- M/F Prins Richard: Q2-2025 (4 weeks) (Implementing Zero Emission)
- M/V Prinsesse Benedikte: Q3-2025 (4 weeks) (Implementing Zero Emission)
It is expected that the yard will be located in Europe.
A generalised technical specification is available for download here.
The contract will be awarded in the framework of a competitive negotiation procedure. In order to identify potential contractors for this comprehensive task, we invite you to fill in the questionnaire by following below instructions and provide us with all requested documents and descriptions needed to assess the general technical capability and qualification of your organisation.
- For your company to access the questionnaire, you need to be registered on Scandlines supplier portal.
- When your registration is completed and verified by Scandlines you will be forwarded a direct link to the questionnaire.
- If you are already registered, please contact email@example.com to receive the direct link to the questionnaire.
Please note companies in consortiums must apply individually.
In case of any formal questions to this procedure, please contact us any time until 6 dates prior the official submission deadline.
Tender timeline – high level
- December 22, 2022: Pre-qualification announcement by Scandlines
- January 22, 2023: Pre-qualification deadline
- January 31, 2023: Pre-qualification decision announcement from Scandlines
- February 2023: Tender start – tender material issued to all pre-qualified suppliers