Board the ferry on foot
Ticket for those who are on foot.
- Valid for outbound and inbound travel on the same calendar day
- Buy at the harbour
- Check in at the harbour at least 30 minutes before departure in Rostock
- Check in at the harbour at least 15 minutes before departure in Gedser
- Low season adult from 13 €
- Low season children 5–13 years (accompanied by an adult) from 7 €
- High season adult from 27 €
- High season children 5–13 years (accompanied by an adult) from 13 €
Low season price applies for the periods 01.01.2023 to 17.05.2023 and 01.09.2023 to 31.12.2023
High season price applies for the period 18.05.2023 to 31.08.2023
All prices are in EUR.
In Rostock: Buy a ticket in the machine in the Fährcenter building up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
In Gedser: Buy a ticket from the machine in the terminal building up to 15 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Book pedestrian tickets for a minimum of 14 people by calling customer services no later than 2 hours before scheduled departure.
See telephone number for customer services.
Tip: When you book tickets for groups, you can also pre-order food and reserve a table in Scandlines Kitchen Buffet.
- Check-in at the harbour at least 30 minutes before departure in the Fährcenter building.
- To board the ferry, take the bus to the footbridge from the bus stop in front of the Fährcenter building. Board directly from the footbridge.
- Check-in at the harbour at least 15 minutes before departure in the terminal building by scanning your ticket at the entrance to the footbridge.
- To board the ferry, take the stairs to the footbridge and board directly from there.
- Cancellation is not possible.
- Rebook by calling customer services.
There is always something good to eat on the Rostock-Gedser crossing.
- Scandlines Kitchen Buffet serves breakfast, lunch and evening buffets
- Scandlines Food Express serves classic cafeteria dishes
- Scandlines Coffee serves coffee
Book the Scandlines Kitchen Buffet online with your ferry ticket.
Travel using your Smile points
Earn points with SMILE and get extra benefits. The more flexibly you travel, the more points you earn. You can spend points on tickets, on board the ferry or in the BorderShop.Become a SMILE member